- What Should be Patentable? A Proposal for Determining the Existence of Statutory Subject Matter Under 35 U.S.C. Section 101 , 13 Wake Forest J. of Bus. & IP Law 145 (2013).
- Toward a Limited Right of Publicity: An Argument for the Convergence of the Right of Publicity, Unfair Competition & Trademark Law , 23 Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal 132 (2012). Article selected for reprinting in the 2013 edition of the Entertainment, Publishing and the Arts Handbook, published annually by Thomson Reuters (West).
- Ideas and the Public Domain: Revisiting INS v. AP in the Internet Age, 1 NYU J. Intell. Prop. & Ent. Law 1 (2011).
- The Problem with Intellectual Property Rights: Subject Matter Expansion , 13 Yale J.L. & Tech. 35 (2010). Article selected for
reprinting in the 2011 issue of the Intellectual Property Law Review (Thomson West). [Article Podcast]
- Patents Are Property: A Fundamental But Important
Concept , 4 J. of Bus. & Tech. Law 87 (2009). Cited in Mezzalingua Associates, Inc. v. ITC, 660 F.3d 1322 (Fed. Cir. 2011).
The Supreme Court Engages in Judicial Activism in Interpreting the Patent Law in eBay, Inc.
v. MercExchange, L.L.C. ,
Tulane J. Tech. & Intell. Prop. 165 (2007). Cited in AIPLA
filed with the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in In Re Bilski. Article selected for
reprinting in the 2008 issue of the Intellectual Property Law Review (Thomson West).
The Aftermath of eBay v. MercExchange, 126 S. Ct. 1837 (2006):
A Review of Subsequent Judicial Decisions
J. Pat. & Trademark Off. Soc'y 631 (2007).
- MGM V. GROKSTER: Judicial Activism or a
Good Decision? , 74 UMKC Law Rev. 921 (2006). Article reprinted in Cyberspace and Copyrights (Amicus Books 2008).
- Resolving Uncertainty in Biotechnology Patent Law
J. HIGH TECH. L. 1 (2006) (with Michael Rustad).
- Ethical Risks From the Use of Technology
Rutgers Computer & Technology L.J. 1 (2004).
- The Choice Between Patent Protection and Trade Secret
Protection: A Legal and Business Decision ,
84 J. Pat. & Trademark Off. Soc'y 371 (2002).
GE Medical Systems v. Ziarati, 2002 WL 1837958 (9th Cir. 2002). Article selected for reprinting in the Intellectual
Property Law Review, 35 Intellectual Property L. Rev. 559 (2003)(Thomson West)[Podcast]
- Trade Secrets -- The New Risks to Trade Secrets Posed by Computerization , 28 Rutgers Computer & Technology L.J. 227 (2002).
- Patent Law -- Balancing Profit Maximization and Public Access to Technology , 4 Columbia Sci. & Tech. L. Rev. 1 (2002).
- Prior Restraints and Intellectual Property: The Clash between Intellectual Property and the First Amendment
from an Economic Perspective , 12
Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J. 1 (2001), cited in DVD Copy Control Association, Inc. v. Bunner, , 31 Cal. 4th 864(CA.Sup.Ct.2003). Article selected for reprinting in the First Amendment Law Handbook (2003-2004 ed.) (Thomson West).
- A Jurisprudential Approach to Common Law Legal Analysis, 52 Rutgers L. Rev. 269 (1999).
- Are Ideas Within the Traditional Definition of Property?: A Jurisprudential Analysis, 47 Arkansas L. Rev. 603 (1994), cited in Alevizos v. John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, 764 So.2d 8 (Florida Ct. of App. (1999)).
- Selecting a Business Entity for a Small Business: Non-tax Considerations, 93 Dick L. Rev. 519 (1989).
- Computer Software
Contracts: A Review of the Caselaw, 21
Akron L. Rev. 45 (l987), cited in the Kentucky Revised Statutes Annotated (Baldwin) and
the Ohio Revised Code Annotated (Baldwin). Article reprinted in 2 Software L.J. 77 (1987)
(Software L.J. subsequently merged into The John Marshall Journal of Computer & Information
- Computer Software: Does
Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code Apply?,
35 Emory L.J.
853 (1986), cited by:
Youngtech, Inc. v. Beijing Book Co., Inc., 2006 WL 3903976 (N.J. Superior Ct.,
App. Div. 2006);
NMP Corp. v. Parametric Tech. Corp., 958 F. Supp. 1536 (N.D. Oklahoma 1997);
Architectronics, Inc. v. Control Systems, 935 F. Supp. 425 (SDNY 1996);
SSE International Corp. v. Iron & Glass Bank, 30 UCCR Serv. 2d (Callaghan) 347
Colonial Life Ins. v. EDS, 817 F. Supp. 235 (D.N.H. 1993);
Advent Systems Ltd. v. Unisys Corp., 925 F.2d 670 (3rd Cir. 1991).
Protection of Intellectual Property - Patent, Copyright, and Trade Secret Law in the
United States and Abroad, 10 N. C. J. Int'l. L. & Com. Reg. 537 (1985).
- Protecting Computer
Software: After Apple Computer, Inc. v. Franklin Computer Corp., 714 F.2d 1240
(3d Cir. 1983), Does Copyright Provide the Best Protection?,
57 Temp. L.Q. 527 (1984), cited in U.S.C.A. Article selected for reprinting in the Intellectual Property
Law Review, 18 Intellectual Property L. Rev. 413 (1986) (West).
- Expanding Damages in
Wrongful Birth Tort Actions, 2 W. New Eng. L. Rev. 833 (1980).
|Adobe's free Adobe Acrobat Reader® is required to view these articles. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader® installed, please download it by clicking on the "get adobe reader" icon to the right.